Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Jeni,
I see this question on applications, but I never know how to answer it. Do you have any suggestions?
This is the question: "Are you now or have you ever been?"
Uncertain as to reply

*********************************************************

Dear Uncertain,

You are quite right to seek advice. It is best to answer all such questions with the utmost of care. Who knows but that the application was devised by Descartes's evil demon and that your answer may not indeed determine your ontological status for all time? And so, I would advise you to answer thus: "I'm uncertain whether I have ever been in the past, I suspect that I may be now, and I most definitely will be in the future."

Signed,
a Jeni who is and may continue to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home