Monday, October 23, 2006

Dear Jeni,

Three different people have come up to me at church in the last eight days. The first lady is about 10 years older than I am. She said she and her friends had just been noticing how my "looks" never change. The next one said I still look the same as I did when I babysat her teen age children when they were in the nursery. She than gave me a hug. About an hour later, this young man (the youngest son of the first lady) came up to me and said I looked just as I did when he was in grade school. How should I react to this kind of flattery? Maybe their eyes are going bad.

Growing old gracefully

*********************************************************

Dear Growing Old,

I recommend investing in a cane. It will counteract your youthful good looks, and using it to give a good whack to the head should prevent any more unwanted compliments. Nasty creatures, these people. Let us rid them from the world forthwith.

--Jeni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home